Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

IT IS NOT RECONIZED AND DOES NOT PRINT. THE IPV6 IS

Customer Question

IT IS NOT RECONIZED AND DOES NOT PRINT. THE IPV6 IS DISABLED
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: HL2270 DW AND AB;OUT 3-5 YEARS OLD
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC WINDOW 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: STARTED TODAY AFTER TIME WARNER WAS WORKING ON MY INTERNET SERVICE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Is the printer wireless? Or is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?

What's the model of your internet modem/router device?

Have you tried to reinstall the printer's driver/software?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will try some of your suggestions

OK, are you able to open Control Panel on the computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

STEP 1: Please open Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the Brother program there.

STEP 2: Download and reinstall the Full Driver & Software Package at the Brother website below, and check:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&os=10013&dlid=dlf005132_000&flang=8&type3=11

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brothers is not listed

Sorry, please go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers, then there, right-click on the Brother printer and remove / delete it for now, and confirm. Make sure there is not any Brother item showing there for now.

, then download and reinstall the Full Driver & Software Package at the Brother website below, and check:

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not there

Please press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the keyboard, then type notepad then click on OK, then in Notepad program, click on File -> Print, then do you see the Brother printer there? If yes, can you right-click on the Brother printer and delete it and confirm?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Only PDF complete and one note

Thank you. Please download and install the Full Driver & Software Package at the Brother website below, and check:

Please let me know. Thank you,

Please let me know if there is any error or message when installing the printer's driver / software.

- If needed, here is another solution: Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window should open. Then select the option Choose a different restore point at bottom, if shown. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,