John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printing projects have continuous horizontal lines since two

Customer Question

printing projects have continuous horizontal lines since two days ago. That includes Word documents with and without jpg. gra[phics., Excel pages, pdf.s. Spacing between these horizontal lines varies from 48/inch, to 12/inch. The printer has performed perfectly prior to this happening. HELP!
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a C88+ (my 3rd one!) and was purchased last year. Its serial number is ***** I use Epson paper and inks exclusively.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell PC, using Word 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started two days ago. Before then, it worked perfectly.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well. I've been assuming it's the printer with the problem, since all kinds of originals have been tried. No, no other problems.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

I have to caution you up front though that the manual cleaning process is messy and time consuming. It also has a low chance of success, if you see no improvement at all from the automated cleaning. It is most likely a hardware failure (bad head) which the cleaning can’t fix, as printheads are a wear item and do fail with time/use.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.