Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Does error code mean 0x97, yes-------4 times---4630, pc wifi

Customer Question

does error code mean 0x97
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes-------4 times---4630
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc wifi windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: every thing was fine-----down loading e-mails --scanning ad resending docs-then tried to copy from an e-mail and it quit
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, it appears your question is still open.Do you need more help with this?If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan