Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an ET-2550 printer. It is missing print through lines

Customer Question

I have an ET-2550 printer. It is missing print through lines all the across the page. On different size prints it is worse than others. On pictures it is very repeatable. I will tell you that my pc is running Linux.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It was bought 1/27/16 at Office Depot Epson ET-2550 just printer serial wbnk024392
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Linux Mint 13
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing that I know of . It just appeared
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is a start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.