Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My ink cartridges are all fine. However, the black will not

Customer Question

my ink cartridges are all fine. However, the black will not print. I don't know what to do. it appears correctly on the computer.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Photosmart C309a
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I think its Microsoft 2007
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this just started today. I didn't see anything happen before this popped up.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just hoping it's easy to fix
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Maybe this is a temporary fault.

Lets try this, remove the black ink cartridge from the printer.. Then turn t he printer off, unplug it from power. Then plug it back in, and then insert the ink cartridge and then turn on the printer. Next, follow these steps on the printer itself, directly on the printers control panel.

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button ().

2. Press the Down Arrow button () to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press OK to select Display Estimated Ink Levels. The control panel displays the estimated ink level of each cartridge.

Does it say its low on black ink? If so, replace the cartridge.

Otherwise, we need to try this cleaning procedure.

Once complete, try to print again.. Can you print black now?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied. If you do not submit a rating, I am in no way credited for my time. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

1. If the error message remains on the control panel display, press the OK button to clear it.

2. Press the Setup button () on the printer control panel.

3. Press the Down Arrow button () to select Tools, and then press the OK button.

4. Press the Down Arrow button () to select Clean Printhead, and then press the OK button.