John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP OfficeJet 6600. The message says There is a

Customer Question

I have an HP OfficeJet 6600. The message says There is a problem with the printer or the ink system. All of the ink cartridges are new. The message goes on to say turn off printer, then on. We've done that several times. "If problem persists, call HP."J
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Got it in 2011. Product Number is *****
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC on Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 months. Nothing happened out of the ordinary. In fact it was working well then suddenly that message appeared on screen.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing that I know of except that my landline is(###) ###-####and the time right now is 11:20 Eastern. thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

The error might occur if the printer firmware is outdated. Download the firmware update from the HP website, and then install it on your printer.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.

5. Click Firmware, and then click Download.

6. Use the HP Download and Install Assistant for a guided firmware download and installation, or select Download only to manually open or run the driver file through your Internet browser’s download tools.

Please try this and let me know the results.