John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an XP830 with USB connection to a PC running Windows

Customer Question

I have an XP830 with USB connection to a PC running Windows 10Home with 3 problems.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It is just one year old. I cannot change the default paper type when copying and always thinks it is high glossy. The computer cannot "see" the printer for scanning. I have to turn the printer off and back on to get communication restored. The printer will not recognize manual paper feed from the back.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a Dell PC running Windows 10 home
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The paper feed problem appeared about a month after installing the printer. The paper type issue popped up in the last month. The communication problem has always occurred.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: those are the issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 month ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am only available at erratic hours. Please respond to me by email as was identified as an option when I agreed to this service. I don't want to incur additional cost to correct a faulty product or instruction manual that doesn't explain how to reset the default paper type.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please review my description of the 3 problems and see if you can help me with any of them.
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

1) Paper source for Copies: Choose Document Type setting on printer to select photos rather than text.
2) Manual Paper Feed: Choose Paper Source setting as Autoselect based upon paper size.

3) Scan Connection from Computer to Printer: Uninstall Print Drivers and Reinstall from Epson Website

(Detailed procedure will be made available)