JACUSTOMER-s6hhteqn-
JACUSTOMER-s6hhteqn-,
94318210

I have a C4800 that keeps saying it has a paper jam. I eject

Customer Question

I have a C4800 that keeps saying it has a paper jam. I eject the page using the button on the monitor screen and the color button on the unit and it still will not print. It will not copy either
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Stylus CX4800 Serial GSFP065366 (maybe 4 years)
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Today, I changed the black ink cartridge and it started giving me the paper jam error
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-6ht2f3gs- replied 6 months ago.

After you replaced the cartridge did you try to print and then the jam happened?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried to print multiple times, cleared the queue, turned the printer off then back on again, turned it off and unplugged it then plugged it back in again and turned it on again (clearing the queue between each attempted print or two).

Is there a red error light flashing on the printer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the red light next to the ink drop flashes in time with the green light next to the On/Off button.Do you need access to the PC to fix this? (an add showed up)

No I do not need access to the PC at this time. Seeing that you have pressed the color button to no avail, have you checked the sheet feeder were the paper feed into the unit? If there is no sign of a jam in there, the paper might be stuck in the printer itself.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it has a very short run. The paper sets above and behind the printer then feeds straight through to the front. If you want a second side you have to send it through again blank face up. I have probably ejected 20 sheets of paper through the unit. The pathway is clear. For some reason it does not recognize the sheet as positioned properly. It sucks in a blank page about an inch then indicates a paper jam, I eject that sheet (it slides through the path without catching) but the paper jam error notice on the monitor and flashing lights do not clear. I have ejected up to 5 sheets alternating between the color button on the unit and the Eject button showingon the monitor.

What type of cartridge did you replace the old one with? In addition, are you using a different thickness of paper or different size?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Epson cartridge and the same paper I have been using a couple of months. The stack of blank sheets had become thin so I added another quarter inch of sheets to the unit but that was AFTER the problem started. I do not print a lot of things. There has probably less than 1000 pages on the unit.

This might sound odd: but did you fan through the paper before loading it into the printer? There sometimes is static in between the papers that can cause a double up which could potentially cause a paper jam.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have done that

I have found a troubleshooting support document that may assist in this issue:

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pro48u/pro48urf/trble_1.htm

It is sometimes tricky to diagnose without physically being at the printer. Please let me know if any of these options work.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I read through the trouble shooter. For what ever reason, it did was not happy to print a "picture" from a jpg but it did print the same document saved as a pdf (????) It might have had something to do with the type of paper it wanted for a picture.

Did it specifically ask you for a different paper for a pdf?

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-s6hhteqn- replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist. I see that this ticket was put in on 10/27. Do you still require assistance?