Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Keep getting paper jam error but there is no paper jam.

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: Epson WP4530
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was printing just fine. The few things I sent to printer came through with no problem. Since lunch I'm getting error. No one else uses printer except me.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have removed paper tray and back several times. Also restarted twice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Well paper can be jammed in a few different places.

have you checked all those places?

Papr can jam in the Paper Tray.

it can jam in the output slot (most common)

it can jam in the duplexer.....which is probably the deepest it can be jammed, and evade detection.

.

Do you know how to open the doors to remove the duplexer? Its on the rear of the printer?

.

I know you said theres no paper jammed in it....but even a small piece of paper that tears off, can get lodged and cause the jam error.....so you relaly have to get in there with a bright light, and small skinny grabber tools (hemostats come to mind) to locate and fish out the paper.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I only get the message when I send a job from my mac to the printer. I can copy a job with no paper jam error.

Hmmm.....that is interesting.

Copying requires a paer to be pulled from the tray.....and run through the printer, and printed upon, and sent out the ejection.

.

So.....what version of OSX are you using? (for example....10.11 is elcapitan.....10.12 is Sierra)

Dd you recently update OSX?