GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Paper jam, jan 2014, pc, was printing from computer this AM,

Customer Question

paper jam
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: jan 2014
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: was printing from computer this AM
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: HL 227odw
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

It would also be helpful to know exactly what happens when you try to print. Do you get an error message? If so, does it appear on your pc or on the printer screen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
prints error on the printer screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am SO sorry that I just now saw your request for Remote Support. TO be honest, I am not sure that remote Support would be helpful with a paper jam. I will do my best to help you here. Please click below to access a copy of the user manual manual for you printer. On page 105, there are detailed illustrated instructions for clearing a paper jam.

http://download.brother.com/welcome/doc002837/cv_hl2240d_usaeng_usr_c.pdf

Please try following those instructions to clear the error message and let me know if it works for you or not. If it does the trick, please take a moment to rate my service. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.