crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Just purchased the Canon PIXMA MG3600 Series printer. All

Customer Question

Just purchased the Canon PIXMA MG3600 Series printer. All went well up to the setting up the WIFI and or USB cable. I have the Set Up disk in the computer. Have tried the trouble shooting hints with no results. The PC does not detect the Printer. Also, in using the WIFI, don't I have to include the password ***** the modem at some time? Thanks, ***** ***** Rochester: NY Phone(###) ###-####E mail***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ken,

Yes, if you use Wi-Fi mode then you will need to connect the printer to Wi-Fi on the printer itself first.

Which option do you want to use?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would rather use wireless in every day use, but can use USB if I need to enter a security code to get into my network.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Do you know your Wi-Fi password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is A63E23149D395C162E647B1AF3
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you copy my last Josh?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I did.

Have you connected the printer itself to Wi-Fi?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went through the set up procedure, But I don't believe it connected. The WFI LED is on steady blue. Anything else I can try?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

If the LED is steady then it should be connected. Is your computer connected to the same network as the printer? Sometimes, a user will have a Guest Wi-Fi and regular Wi-Fi.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the only WIFI on this home network. I was Using another brand WIFI printer previously.Ity stopped working, So I went out and bought a new printer instead of trying to fix the problem using the old printer.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming.

When you run the software and have it set for Wi-Fi, does it not show the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe it di. I got a 2 page print-out with the network configuration.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't remember anything in set up that has me set up the printer for my Windows 10.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

That sounds like it found the printer and connected properly via Wi-Fi on your computer.

If that is the case then you should be able to print on your computer now. Are you not able to print?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try to print thus page. Wait one. I tried a small note book entry. My screen only shows up with data from my old printer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a page in Windows to add a new device to my network?
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Yes, there is.

Which operating system does it have?

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Also, you can use the software to install the printer on any computer.