John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Won't print. LAN settings show all choices are active. Have

Customer Question

Won't print. LAN settings show all choices are active. Have used this beast, a 2320, for a year with no problems until I changed ink cartridges yesterday. Have it set up for hard wire lan.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: mb230. using factory ink.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac, El Cap.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since yesterday. Got the LAN thing immediately after reloading two inks.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. Please give me a minute to review your issue and get back to you. Thanks in advance

Please remove all the ink, and shut the printer off completely. Then install just one ink at a time and power the printer on after each ink cartridge is installed. When installing the 2 new ink cartridges that you recently installed yesterday make sure that you note which one gives the error. It is most likely a bad chip on the cartridge. Not always but most of the time. Try this and get back to me. Thanks.

Any progress on your printer?