comp_audio
comp_audio, Technician
Experience:  I offer over 20 years experience in diagnosing and fixing home and business printers. I am eager to assist you today.
44312836

I just got a new wf 3620 printer, and when i tried to set it

Customer Question

Hi i just got a new wf 3620 printer, and when i tried to set it up, it gave me the 0x69 error
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: i havent connet to any computer or internet yet
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just now, i just got it today when i followed the installation instruction
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont know much yet, it just gave me the erroe error
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  comp_audio replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. Please give me a minute to review your issue and get back to you. Thanks in advance

I will need to know what kind of computer your are using so that I can give you the correct instructions on how to further diagnose this issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not connect to any computer yet, just got the new printer and trying to set it up

That is fine. And I know you have not connected to any computer yet, but I will still need to know what kind of PC your planning on using as well as where is the error showing? Is it on the little LCD screen on the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will be using a mac, the error is showing on the printer's screen, code 0x69

Ok, so you unboxed the printer, removed all the shipping and protective tapes and installed the ink cartridges. Did the error show up before or after the ink cartridge installation?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it shows right after i installed the cartridges, when the printer is preparing and on the screen it says it takes about 6 minutes

Ok, thanks for the reply.

First remove the cartridges, and look at each one. Verify you removed the little tab on each one that says "remove this tab." or similar. Then let me know that all of them are ready to be installed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all of the tabs labeled "remove" have been removed

Ok, now power on the printer and have NO cartridges installed and tell me what it says.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, i just tried. It's still the same, error code 0x69

Alright, install just the black cartridge and see if the same error comes up.

Where did you purchase the printer from and when?

Something to note about this model of printer is the ink cartridge lever is somewhat of a pain. Please install all cartridges and snap the cover closed on the cartridges ensuring you hear a snap or click. I have this same printer and if the cartridge lever is not secure you will get this error. Try this and get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought it on Amazon last week and just received in the box today.
i can confirm that all the cartridges are snapped in and it's got the same error again

Ok, that is good that the cartridges are in good, but please verify the gray lever or cover that holds the cartridges in place is closed all the way and let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's closed all the way

Thanks for verifying these for me. Please tell me was this an open box item, or used item, or was it a NEW item and was it fulfilled by amazon or a third party?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a brand new one

Did Amazon fulfill the order? Meaning when you ordered it did it state that Amazon was fulfilling the order or was Amazon simply the medium for the seller? This makes a difference in how we proceed. If you have your invoice it should state on there as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it' s sold by Amazon

That is good. I would highly recommend that you contact Amazon ASAP about this and they will most likely send a replacement printer overnight. This error is usually caused by one of 2 things. Either the cartridge lever is not closed, or there is a HARD ERROR within the printer that is not fixable. I have seen it as a hard error only one other time, but I think that is the case with your printer sadly.

I know this is not the answer you had hoped for, but at least it is one that will get you the printer replaced.

Do you know how to process a request for replacement with Amazon?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok i'll contact Amazon then. I am sure all the cartridges are installed correctly and the lever is closed. Thanks for the help.

Of course. I wish it were easier to resolve. But sometimes we only get the choices we get and have to move forward from there.

I do ask that you still accept my answer by rating my service with 5 stars as I do my best to ensure your experience here is a positive one and hope that this has been that for you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay Amazon will refund but only cover very little shipping cost, and i have to ship it myself. The cost is kind of rediculos, any suggestions?

Did they offer to replace it or are you asking for a refund? Usually if it was sold and fulfilled by amazon, then they usually send you a replacement and then you simply have so many days to send the defective one back. This makes me wonder if it was sold through amazon but the seller was a third party and NOT amazon.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the seller is Amazon itself, not a third party. Could be because it's different in Europe compare to the US.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anyway there is no way i can fix it?