GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have a Canon color image class printer and dont have a

Customer Question

I have a Canon color image class printer and dont have a book it is stuck on legal size paper and I cant make it go back to regular paper can you help me reset the printer to regular settings
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I am new so dont know but have been here 4 months and it hasnt done this before yesterday when it wouldnt print my boss tried to fix it and now i cant print at all have no clue how old it is
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc it is an mf8050cn
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i was trying to print card stock and it wouldnt take it
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment to pull up your printer model and I will give you instructions on how to reset your paper size.

To the left of your OK button, you should see a round button. This will bring up your menu.

Use the arrow keys to scroll to Paper Settings. You will then select drawer 1 or 2, whichever you have paper in and then press OK.

Then, scroll to paper size. Use the arrow keys to select LTR. Press OK

Then, scroll to Paper Type. Use the arrow keys to choose Plain. Press OK.

Then to the right of the OK button, you will see a button that looks like an equal sign going from left bottom to right top. Press that button. This will take you back to standby mode.

This should allow you to print a regular document. Let me know if you are able to.

Were you able to get it to work?

If you were able to get this to work, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today! Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need you to call me instead. Here is my phone number:(###) ###-#### Call me as soon as possible

I do not have the capability of calling you and I apologize for that. What I can do is opt out and give another expert a chance to give you a call. This will be at no extra charge. Stand by for just a moment and another expert will pick up. Have a wonderful day!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

HI there. My name is***** will be happy to assist you with this and to give you a phone call. Please accept the offer and I will review your conversation with the previous expert and prepare for a call. Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Here is a link to the user manual for your printer.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300002530/03/MF8350Cdn_BASIC_en-us_R_2.pdf

Perhaps this will be helpful since you don't have the original one. You can save it to your desktop for future reference or you can print it out, but it's very large (159 pages).

Please see page 2-9 of the appendix for illustrated instructions regarding how to load legal size paper.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I can call if you like but that is considered to be a Premium Service and will incur an additional charge. I f you want a phone call, just accept the offer, otherwise I will work with you here to resolve the problem.