Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Canon MG3260. Replace the black ink but not the empty

Customer Question

Canon MG3260. Replace the black ink but not the empty colour. Won't print at all. Is this because I haven't put a colour cartridge in?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No it hasn't done it before. Printer probably 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. How do I find what operating system?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Ink ran out
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Can you tell me, what error code do you see on the printer's display or if you see any blinking light ?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

You must replace the color cartridge.

Even if not needing to print in color, the printer requires it to be in place, this is because the color inks are used for normal printer maintenance operations and trying to print with any of those empty or missing would cause permanent damage to the printer. It is necessary to put the color cartridge in to proceed, even just in black.

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,