John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

EVER SINCE I CHANGED TO WINDOWS 10 I GO TO MICROSOFT WORD

Customer Question

EVER SINCE I CHANGED TO WINDOWS 10 I GO TO MICROSOFT WORD AND TRY TO PRINT A LETTER I JUST WROTE AND THERE IS NO PRINTER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ANYMORE LIKE THERE USED TO BE.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: hp Photosmart C4580 all in one, about 9 years maybe more
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP 2159m PC I don't know about the last question re: OS not computer literate I am afraid.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it has been an issue for at least six months and I go into documents and after a while find something where I can print but not today. It used to be so simple now everything on the computer is a big deal for me and I don't know why it would change after years of using it with the print sign right at the top. Windows on the bottom of the computer used to print with a large letter size icon with two small rectangles on either side but no more.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Do you use a USB cable to connect the printer to the PC ?