Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

WORKCENTRE 7655 ERROR CODE 42.328.00, XEROX WORKCENTRE 7655

Customer Question

WORKCENTRE 7655 ERROR CODE 42.328.00
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: XEROX WORKCENTRE 7655 FAULT CODE IS 42.328.00
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC WIN 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PRINTED 25 COPIES THEN JAM I CLEARED JAM IT STARTED PRINTING THEN STOPPED AND I CHECKED FAULT CODE AND THIS WAS IT I REBOOTED 3 TIMES AND STILL GET SAME FAULT CODE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOPE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That fault code is not listed, but is close to 42.326 which indicates an ITB belt sensor failure (or occlusion of the silver patch that is sensed on the ITB belt, e.g. with toner.)

In clearing the jam, did you touch the ITB belt, or some part of it, or was there waste toner in the machine that might have been shaken loose by removing the jam? (Even toner on the pages, if removed from the middle parts of the paper path, could be shaken loose, if the print was dense, since at that position in the paper path, the toner is not yet fixed to the paper.)

If so, cleaning the ITB belt's silver sensor patch, could help. It can be tried.