Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Trying to replace empty ink cartridge in Epson XP-424

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement.

If you try to just insert it on your own you can actually damage the printer.

It must be initiated via the menu instead.

Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The person 'helping' me was a woman with an accent. She asked me to disconnect then reconnect the printer. It took me a few minutes because of the situation of the printer. When I returned to her, she had hung up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you are referring to, the only help provided by this site/service at this point is our chat conversation with me here.

If you were speaking with someone on the phone then that was a different service.

Can you please try the above steps that I sent, and let me know the results?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Note that we can talk by phone as well if you prefer. I am a US based tech, with a slight midwest accent.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.