Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an Epson ET-3600. When printing from Photoshop, the

Customer Question

I have an Epson ET-3600. When printing from Photoshop, the Photoshop program crashes -- I am only able to occasionally print successfully from it. I have Mac Sierra with the latest updates, also the latest Epson driver
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ET-3600 -- latest model, brand new
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Pro desktop. Sierra, latest updates installed
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since updating to Sierra. The dialogue appears for specifying print quality, etc. Click on 'Print' and the program crashes and disappears
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you try holding shift when you start up your Mac to boot into Safe mode?

Then try printing again from Photoshop.

Let me know if it prints ok in safe mode?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately it crashes in exactly the same way while in safe mode.

What does the detailed crash report say? (check the system event viewer or reliability reports)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the time it took to receive your responses, I ascertained for myself that this is a known problem in which Photoshop fails to print under the Sierra operating system, and a fix has not yet been provided by Adobe. There are quite a few complaints about it on the Adobe Support section of their web site. I appreciate that you have put some time into this, though it has so far been minimal: your suggestions so far were to start in Safe mode, and to send you the crash report. I know you can't be on top of every technical difficulty in the computer world, but I do think a refund of the fee would be in order, since you were not able to solve the problem, and at present it appears that a solution is not available.

I am a user of this site just like you - for refunds you will need to contact customer services.

Best,

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks -- best to you too!