Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

Running windows 10. I have an mx922 printer. It was jammed

Customer Question

Running windows 10. I have an mx922 printer. It was jammed and breaking. I got error code 6001 and others. I purchased a new printer. Deleted the old printer from Windows and was trying to set up the new printer. The same error code comes up and I can't get to the menu buttion to finish setup.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Pixma mx 922. current error code is 6000
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since i installed the new printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

The error 6000 means "line feed error". I had this one myself in the past, for me it was a twist-tie that had fallen in my rear paper slot. Can you please control your rear paper slot if there is anything in there that does not belong there? Also, have you removed all tapes and foam from the new printer? That might also be causing this.

Please let me know.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

I see that you´ve read my answer and am looking forward to your feedback, so that I can help you to resolve your problem to your satisfaction. Or did it already work out? Please let me know.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist!

This is basically a hardware error related to Purge Unit. If printer is in warranty get it replaced by Canon. If not please read ahead.

1. Please open the printer cover and when the carriage head moves to center pull out the power cord.
2. The Purge unit is on the right side. Use a flashlight and you will see two ink pads. This is where the print-head is PARKED and is the top of the Purge unit.
3. There you will find wiper blades that move from the rear to the front. They wipe the bottom of the print-head when it is parked.
(The ink pads actually drop down about 3/4" to allow the wiper blade to pass and then it is supposed to spring back to the rear. Also the ink suction for cleaning the print-head is done by the purge unit.)
4. Use some rubber gloves and a paper towel and see if you can press the ink pads down just a little bit - about 1/4". See if for some reason the wiper blade is stuck extended, if so see if you can get it unstuck. Please do this gently such that you don't break anything there.

This error indicates that the purge unit is not giving the correct timing signal as it rotates inside 360 degrees. Therefore, something is either broken or jammed inside. If you had a paper jam and tried to forcefully pull it out, you could have pulled the internal gears out of alignment.

So you will need to do some maneouvers to try to release the cartridge from its parking position. Again, don't try hard.

Now, if this does not work than it would be cheaper to buy a new printer rather than sending it to Canon for repair if its not in warranty.