John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer says "Print Bar Jam" and is making a lot of noise.

Customer Question

JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Officejet Pro X576dwMFP about 2 yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7. It has been working real good until this past Thursday.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was printing paychecks and the number was wrong, so I cancelled print to change the number on the check and it started acting up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

an you please do the following.

1. Lift up the ADF so that you can see the scanner glass. Is there any paper stuck 1/2 way through the left side of the ADF that you lifted up. There is a pretty obvious place there where the paper comes through and then back out again. Make sure there is no paper there.

2. put your fingers (facing up) into where the paper feeds from the ADF. You want to push your fingers such that they follow the arrow in the ADF that shows where the paper goes. However, your fingers should be facing upwards. Right after the 1st hard ridge, you'll feel a little piece of plastic that flexes. This releases the top of the ADF and lets you get inside the top.

3. Push the green tab forward (towards the left of the printer. This opens up the paper path and will let you clear paper jams. Find any paper that may be there.

4. Pull the green tab back to the right. There are 3 positions it can end up in. You want it in the far right position.