Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My laptop won't recognize my printer, officejet pro 6830 1

Customer Question

my laptop won't recognize my printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: officejet pro 6830 1 year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was away from this home for 5 months and returned and it won't recognize
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Is the printer connected wirelessly or via a USB cable with the laptop?

Please reply back using the box below, and then we will continue further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wireless
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

I see; just a moment - looking up your printer model now.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

OK. Please carry out the following steps now:

First, RIGHT-CLICK on the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen, and click "Control Panel".

In the Control Panel, go further into Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers, and then right-click on your printer listed and select "Remove device".

Done that, re-open the Control Panel, and then go into Programs > Uninstall a Program. Select your HP printer listed, and click Uninstall at the top to uninstall the printer driver accordingly.

Finally, open up the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308

Download the full feature software and drivers file for your printer, and then run and install following the on-screen directions. This should do it.

Do keep me posted on the results. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page to rate my service - this is the only way I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ithe printer isn't listed to uninstall. I will try the link to reinstall the drivers and software at later time.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Okay; in that case, you may just go ahead and reinstall the printer's driver using the link I provided. Do keep me posted at your convenience; thank you.