John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't load ink in my new printer because the carriage

Customer Question

I can't load ink in my new printer because the carriage isn't in the right position
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: WorkForce WF-2760
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC osx 10.11.6, El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got this on Saturday. Yesterday I began the initial set-p, and got stuck at the ink cartridge stage. All I can get at is the slot for black, so I took that one out. The printer is on, and the top is down. I have the phone cord and electric in, but not the usb, which I don't think I need anyway.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know for sure if I need the USB cord later, or just the disc. we have fiber optic wifi connection now.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please