John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Not printing says wrong port, Dell V505, vista, been able to

Customer Question

not printing says wrong port
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Dell V505
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: vista
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: been able to print in past. had service computer now this happened
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please, how do you connect to your printer? Is it via a USB cable or via Wireless?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,