Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I am trying to scan a document from my printer to my laptop.

Customer Question

JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MB2320, SN AEHC688997
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I am scanning a document
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?

Do you see the program (Canon) IJ Utility Scan on your computer? If yes, what happens when you scan with it?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you can

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=20f56e4d-59bb-4c0b-860b-8848a0dcb5f6
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- Type / search for the program called IJ Scan Utility and use it to scan.

- Or click on Start (which is the Windows logo / icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), (then click on option All apps or 3-bar icon only if shown), then scroll down, then click on the item Canon Utilities, then click on the item IJ Scan Utility. Then use the IJ Scan Utility program to scan documents, photos, etc.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/small-office-home-office-printers/mb2320?tab=drivers

, then there, select / download and install the "MB2300 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)", and check.

; Note: the download file is called win-mb2300-1_1-ucd.... If there is trouble downloading at the above website, then use this direct website link http://tinyurl.com/j423z2b )

; (If needed, you can download / install the Drivers - "MB2300 series MP Drivers..." at the long Canon website link above)

- Once the installation is finished, then you should have the IJ Scan Utility program on the computer. Please open the IJ Scan Utility program to scan. If needed, please see Solution #1 above again for how to open the IJ Scan Utility program.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,