GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Printer indicate no paper and will not print. HL2280DW

Customer Question

printer indicate no paper and will not print.
JA: What's the make and model of the printer?
Customer: HL2280DW brothers
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: dell desk top
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: started at once friday
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try,Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Let's begin by removing the paper that is the printer. If you have fresh paper that has been in a package let's try using that. Make sure that it is stacked neatly with all edges even before placing it in to the tray. The mechanism that pulls the paper up into the tray is quite sensitive. If the paper is bent or curled at the edges it may think there isn't any in there. Extreme temperatures, heat or cold, and excessive humidity are possible causes of this.

When you place the paper in the tray make sure that the paper guides are snug against the edges. If, after following these steps you still have a problem, you may need to clean your printer's pick rollers.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Over time your printer's pick up rollers can become dirty and may not pull paper properly. If that happens, fortunately, it is not difficult to clean them. please click the link below for detailed instructions:

http://bit.ly/2ehiEkm

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.