John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer copies newspaper with a over the top. It started

Customer Question

My printer copies newspaper with a gray over the top. It started doing this recently. How can I get it to go back to the way it used to be so I can work the crossword puzzles that I copy?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got it unplugged , waited 10 min. and finally go it going again. I copied the puzzle and there is still a gray over the whole page.
What next?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thanks

Can you please follow the instructions Mary Ann on my link below to clean the printhead

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-c_cleaning.html

Run the Deep Clean three times and when done, tell me how it then prints please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.