John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP photosmart C7280 all in one

Customer Question

I have a HP photosmart C7280 all in one printer/fax/copier/scanner.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: C7280, about 5/6 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. Windows ten
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A small board flashed up on my screen saying Hewlett Packard wanted to investigate my printing practice, and before I could cancel it, it seemed to just take over. Since then, I have been getting daily unwanted programs which my Malware has to clean out sometimes twice a day.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What I want to know is, if I uninstall my printer program, and reinstall using the disc which came with the printer, will the installation take windows ten.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason