John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I own aCanon Pixma MX892 all in one printer. I have not used

Customer Question

I own aCanon Pixma MX892 all in one printer. I have not used to for 5 months since I was at our 2nd home. When I tried to print this evening, an error message B200 showed on the LCD window. I followed the instructions I found on-line and turned off the unit, unplugged the power cord, waited several minutes, re-stated it and the same error message came up. It says to contact the nearest service center. Is this an easy fix? Is it expensive? Would I be better off to purchase a new printer?
Thanks fro you help in advance.
Irv Aal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Clean the pads the cartridges sit on and use a qtip to wipe the encoder strip then try :-
1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.

It may take 3-4 attempts to work.

If that does not helps you then you can give this a try :-

1. Replace the cartraige which is low in ink. If you don’t have any ink cartridges that are low on ink, you can skip this step.

2. Turn the printer off.

3. Open the printer up to access the print cartridges but don’t remove any.

4. Grab hold of the ink assembly and slide it all the way to the left. You have to do this manually.

5. With the top still up, press the ON button 5 times rapidly in succession then lower the lid.

6. The printer will turn on and you need to wait for the printer to finish its initialization.

Let me know how both of them worked for you. We will look for other alternative like cartridge or print head replacement or new printer etc later on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Neither of these methods and recommendations worked. I still get the B200 error message.