crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

My HP app on my iPhone stopped communicating with my HP

Customer Question

my HP app on my iPhone stopped communicating with my HP printer - how do I get it back up again ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 2 years old and the model is officejet 8040 all-in-one printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The computer and the printer have no problems. The iPhone and the ipad became problems because once Apple added new updates the two apple products did not print anything.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A few weeks ago - after I came back from the UK, I updated my apple software on both the phone and the ipad. I didn't pay much attention to anything until I went to print some docs from the two apple products and that's when I noticed that I could not print. I have another phone which is an android and the app on the android communicates with the printer flawlessly.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have told you everything I know .....
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Please try turning off the printer and unplugging it from the wall. Wait 1 minute and plug it back in then power it on. Wait another minute and try using the app again.

If that does not work, please try deleting the app then restarting your phone then installing the app again.

Please let me know if either option did not work otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.