John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't seem to get my MG3500 to scan wirelessly, Canon

Customer Question

I can't seem to get my MG3500 to scan wirelessly
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon PIXMA MG3500 about 2 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Been an issue for about a day, but could have been going on longer since I don't scan often
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Prints fine wirelessly, but doesn't want to scan. Gives me this error: Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- Network connection is prohibited by security software.
- Different scanner on the network is selected.Please check and try again.Code:15,157,0
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What is the make and model of your printer? MG3500 is the name of the series of Canon printers, which includes the MG3540 and the MG3550. The exact model name can be found on the front of your printer.