John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is HL-2280DW. It got jammed and I pulled out all

Customer Question

My printer is HL-2280DW. It got jammed and I pulled out all of the paper, but the printer keeps saying paper jammed in rear and rear door is open. NOT
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother HL-2280DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC laptop, OSX
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened on Friday. Several pieces of paper got jammed and I pull all of them out, at least I think so. I can't see any paper anyway in the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Do you have removed the paper from the rear of the printer ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I removed all the paper and closed the back door but the copier still states a paper jam in rear and rear door is open. Door is not open
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Do you have removed the paper completely ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't see any paper. Why would the copier tell me the back door is open when it is shut?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

It can be caused due to sensor problem ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is that something we could fix ourselves?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

No, the printer can be dismantled by the help of service manual, but you will not get the sensor in any store. But, before going for other options, can you tell me, if you have open closed the back cover few more times and did you have hard reset the printer ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have closed the back door many times. Where is the hard reset button?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

There is no button, just unplug the printer without turning off it and then, wait for 10 mins. and then turn on the printer.