Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I installed new ink cartridges and now printer wont print.

Customer Question

I installed new ink cartridges and now printer wont print. Im not on a network and the Wifi light was on but I'm not using wifi
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: brother
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Win 7 Home
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just happened today. Printer worked fine yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

May I know the exact model number of the printer? E.g. Brother MFC-7860DW

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Brother MFC J875DW I am able to copy
No I do not want you to connect to my device. I'm pressed for time. It should be a simple solution as the printer worked fine yesterday and it hasn't worked since I changed ink cartridges today
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Check if your printer is listed over there. If yes, right click on the printer name and select Set as Default.

Try printing again and let me know the response.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My device was listed but now it shows a paper port image printer as default printer and I'm unable to remove that from default. What port type do I select for my printer?