John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon MX870. I can print fine from the computer

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Canon MX870. I can print fine from the computer which is connected by a cord, but we can no longer print via wifi.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: @3 years. The message that we get is The Printer is not connected to your computer. In the past, if that happened, I just rebooted and it worked fine
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Air OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: @ 5 weeks but we were out of town much of the past 5 weeks so left it until we returned
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The black ink levels drain quickly, even when we rarely use the printer. I've tried turning it off when not in use
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your printer needs to be reconnected to the wifi to print wirelessly again.

Would you like me to remote in your computer and work on this issue directly?

It will help me to understand the problem better and will give me a better insight on how to troubleshoot the issue.

Don't worry if the problem doesn't gets solved and you are not satisfied you can ask for a refund.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I had the idea that you would not respond for a while. I did reconnect the printer to the wifi before writing my question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** have to deal with this later.

Would you like to troubleshoot later?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I'll ask the tech guys in my office. This process seems like an upsell scam to me

If you allow me to remote in it will help me to investigate the root cause easily and securely.

This is a complete transparent process. If your problem doesn't gets fixed and you are not satisfied then you can ask for a refund.