Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Canon MG7120 does not offer faxing, but is there a way

Customer Question

Hello! My Canon MG7120 does not offer faxing, but is there a way other than scanning to computer then emailing to person? Also, how do I scan multiple double-sided pages?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You might consider efax.com service. Though I doubt that will appear any different to you than the possible method you have already mentioned, it is an alternative.

Scanning multiple pages of any kind, requires a top feeder or ADF on the machine, at very minimum.

More may be required... and your model almost certainly does not have what it takes, at a brief glance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I kinda figured as much. LOL
I have another older printer that I can't find parts to, sadly. Trying to fix it myself, though. I didn't want to buy another one. Also, I have a third really really old printer/fax that I may hook up for now. I am trying to get tons of years worth of papers into the computer and flash. Then I can shred and trash. Thank you for answering this question. I do have computer questions, if you are able to assist again, it would be greatly appreciated?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, I wonder if I can trade this one in for another model? I purchased this a couple of years ago for myself but my friend borrowed it, if you get what I mean? ;-)

Glad to help with any other questions you may have, of course.

HP allows trade-ins or buy-backs or 'paid-for recycling and re-use'... Canon doesn't, though, unfortunately.

Any older printer/fax will do, if its fax connections still are in working order. Note that

1. you should hook up the cable to the phone service source, to the 'L' or LINE jack, not the 'phone' jack, which is where an extension phone handset should be hooked up - otherwise it won't work.

and

2. digital phone lines often don't support faxing. Or only in one direction, or only if the fax is set to minimum TX/RX speed. A landline phone line or POTS line or 'analog' phone line will work... note that DSL service on the line won't allow a fax to work, unless it has a DSL filter installed in-line with the phone line, to protect the fax from the DSL frequencies by filtering them out.

If this answers your question(s) in full, please rate my answer - five stars would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yepper! The really really old fax machine is probably a 1998 HP or maybe later model and doesn't offer double-sided faxing. I really loved my HP Deskjet 9800 which offered the ability to plot my drafting 11 x 17 or 13 x 19. It didn't have the duplex either but still was a great machine. I am probably going to bite the bullet and just buy a new HP. As far as the computer questions go, I am learning how to use Windows 10 (another missing attribute to this Canon). As well, I am trying to find the software necessary for my business and learning how to connect new technology. Still trying to figure out which backup cloud and new phone to get...it seems maybe I should look into a Windows phone, but I am so used to Android, I know nothing about them? I'm trying to sync everything but I like both chrome and firefox, yes I do realize that is a Mac type browser-anyway, if you can help me streamline and get rid of the four or five syncing and cloud apps down to one, that would be great?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh, I have Verizon Wireless and they offer 1T online backup, my phone is an Galaxy S6-which has given me trouble from the beginning-probably need to bite the bullet and pay $200 for a new phone..see above Q. But I hate that the SD card is inside only. I am always at capacity of 32G.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, I am mad at VW because they locked all of my downloaded and backed up music (from Amazon-already paid for).

Chrome and Firefox run on Windows too.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you meant on a Windows phone?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you agree, maybe we can talk instead?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did I lose you, Russell?

Windows phones should have their own version of Firefox... let me double-check though.

No, it seems there currently isn't any such thing. I'm sorry.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. Are you able to help me streamline?

Not now - in my time zone it is past midnight, unfortunately. I'll have to sign off for now.

You can resume this case anytime at

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/9z8r3-canon-mg7120-does-not-offer-faxing.html

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok...thanks for all of your time and help! Goodnight!

Let me know when you're ready to resume this case, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I will be in touch later Monday early evening. Thank you. :-)

That'll be fine. Monday evening will do. You're welcome.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Russell. I am kinda ready now...so whenever you are back online shoot me a message.

I'm sorry and must apologize - illness kept me from attending to your message last night.

If you wish to resume, let me know, please. Thank you for your patience.