JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2-
JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2-,
94527327

It's printing blue instead of turquoise, Canon MG3100 Few

Customer Question

It's printing blue instead of turquoise
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon MG3100 Few years old, never had this issue
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc Win 10 Office 2013
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time that I had tried this color directly out of office, prints everything else correctly. Even pdf prints this way. Tried new cartrige, no change
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-khj2d1o2- replied 7 months ago.

It would help if you could tell me precisely what shade of blue is printing as turquoise--more specifically, if you could display it on the screen and then post a screen capture (to a file) in the Messages stream.

Normally, printers fabricate colors through fixed proportional combinations of three "primary colors" of ink: cyan, magenta, and yellow. Turquoise is actually close to "printer's cyan," though turquoise would seem to have a richer "sky blue" or "azure" or "cerulean" component to it.

If turquoise prints as blue, there is a problem with your color cartridge. I am not a great believer in "Oh, you must rush to download the latest drivers."

Unfortunately, you cannot adjust individual colors (CMYK) severally: you must replace the cartridge wholesale.

The best way to diagnose color issues when you have independent ink supplies is to print golds. Golds are notoriously difficult: the SLIGHTEST registration problems throw the resultant colors WAY out of whack.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I traced the issue to my computer or monitors. I opened the pdf of the print on another pc, and the color matched the printout. Viewing the pdf on the original computer displays a different color. So, I need to tune the monitors?

You traced it to the MONITORS?

You made it clear it was PRINTING BLUE AS TURQUOISE.

So, now you're not actually sure WHAT color is printing as what . . .

Just trying to understand here.