John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Officejet Pro 6835. I recently put my 3rd set

Customer Question

I have an HP Officejet Pro 6835. I recently put my 3rd set of ink cartridges in the printer. The colored ink works but the black will not print. These are HP ink cartridges. I bought a new black ink cartridge thinking that something was wrong with the first one, but the second black ink cartridge does not work either. What do you suggest?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have had my Officejet Pro 6835 for about 2 years. I do not print that much so it has not been used that much. It was the 3rd set of ink cartridges that I was putting in the printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a new Acer PC with Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My second set of ink cartridges were empty about a month ago; I had purchased new ink from Amazon and replaced the ink cartridges at that time.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you print something in black, does it sound like the printer is attempting to print in black or does it just push the paper through?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Do you still need help with this problem? You may send your message below.

- Jason