Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

There is a paper jam due to an envelope but that envelope is

Customer Question

There is a paper jam due to an envelope but that envelope is not visible to remove the jam.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Laserjet 452dw - just purchased it new in July 2061 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I attempted to print on an envelope.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today. Give me just a moment to review your request and we'll get started!

What is the exact error it is giving you or is it throwing an error? This will tell me where to begin.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jam in print paper path. Open rear door and clear jam.

You can't see it from the rear door?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, I can see it from any opening in the printer. I have removed the paper tray and the print cartridges after I could not see the issue from the rear door. It is a small envelope

If you can see even just a tiny bit of it, UNPLUG the printer and use some tweezers or something like that to pull the paper out. Be gentle as you can when you do it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot see any part of it. I've used a flashlight and had tweezers on standby if I could see it to no avail.

Let me see if there's another way.

Have you checked where the ink cartridges are to see if you can see behind them? Make sure to turn the printer off before you do this. You can move the printhead with your hand, just be gentle when you do that.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i removed the cartridges and saw the roller "belt." I am not sure what the printer head is.

Forgive me, you did correctly.

IS this printer under warranty?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know. I bought it in July so it may be under warranty. i never usually have problems with technical equipment because I conduct a lot of research so that I get the best for my needs.

My suggestion would be to call the company and have them service it because having you disassemble the printer would void the warranty completely.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay

There is a one year manufacturer warranty on ALL technology equipment.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. Thank you.

Since you can't see the paper, it may require some disassembly and I don't want to advise you to do that when there is a warranty. Utilize the warranty that way if anything goes wrong, they will replace the machine if there is any damage.

Thank you for allowing me to work on this for you today! If you feel I have helped you today, please rate my answer with 5 stars so that I may receive credit for answering your question today.

You have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing Just Answer!