John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

What is the symbol on the computer screen for the printer,

Customer Question

what is the symbol on the computer screen for the printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Printer is a Kodak ESP 3250 - possibly 4-5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Here is where you discover that you are conversing with a dummy. I think it is a PC and I don't know the terminology for the OS that is running me.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is the Question about my being a dummy? It has been happening all my life. I have just installed the printer - it has new ink and does work but my daughter set it up and is not present to guide me through the process.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I am not familiar with technical terms so probably will be a great source of frustration.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you today. Can you tell me please exactly what you are trying to do? Once I know that I should be able to provide easy to follow step by step directions.

Here's how to find your OS (operating system)...Just click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The OS is Windows 10
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. That is helpful. what is that you would like to do? Are you trying to print something to your Kodak printer? What are you trying to print? Are you using a program like Word to create a document that you want to print, or are you trying to print something form the web?