Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I am trying to scan a document to my computer and it is

Customer Question

I am trying to scan a document to my computer and it is connected with a USB cord. The computer says "not connected." I then tried it with a LAN cord. Same thing. This worked before, without a problem. (WiFi did not work) What should I try?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Workforce 633, Maybe 5 years old or more?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro, OS El Capitan 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The last time I scanned was with the same operating system...I think...a couple of months ago. No problem then. The only thing I have een getting from the copier/scanner is to replace magenta, which I just did. No difference, of course
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thiought maybe the UBS cord was damaged and that s why I used the Lan, but same result. So it's not the connection cord
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Use USB cable connect the printer to the computer. Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using Image Capture. Get instructions from the link below.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N