John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

After Windows 10 did a large update, my choice of printer is

Customer Question

After Windows 10 did a large update, my choice of printer is no longer there. The printer I use is HP Officejet J4580 All-in-one. The printer works fine, however when I try to print from my computer e.g. emails or attachments, documents from Adobe, it will not print. My printer is not shown and seems to be wanting to go to eprint. Has the driver been lost? Not sure what that is. How can we get my printer back? I hope you can help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Then type control printers and press enter. Do you see your printer there ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

We can install latest drivers for you printer and that should add the printer back with correct driver. Go to this website --> http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-J4000-All-in-One-Printer-series/3645081/model/3645099

Download the "HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver" and make sue to select Download Only and this will download the latest printer software. Then open the downloaded file and install it. While installing, it will allow you to install the printer, so do it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting