Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am trying to print a cocument from my Mac to my Canpon

Customer Question

I am trying to print a cocument from my Mac to my Canpon printer. It says "Processing.. Please wait momentarily". When I chack the print status on my computer it says the the [printer is not connected. I've checked all connection and they seem plugged in. What can I do now?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: CVanaon PIXMA MX922
JA: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked if the ink was ok.. all lights sold not flashing. Then I looked at all the connections. What else should I do??
JA: Anything else you want the camera expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is the printer tech still there?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Also, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

- Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

- Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version there, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
USB cable
Is 10.10.5. Why won't it take os
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you actually do that? Sure!!!

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect printer's USB cable from computer for now.

2. Go to the Apple logo / menu -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners

3. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.

4. Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.

5. Make sure the printer is powered on.

6. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then it should detect your Canon printer, then select it and add it.

7. Then check printing.

- Yes, if needed, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No change. Still not printing

1. Can you please turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect

2, then turn on the printer, then wait a bit

3, then put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass

4, then press the Copy option / button on the printer, then what happens? Does it copy? Or does it give any error or message on the printer device?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually nothing happened. It did not copy

Sorry. Since it does not even make a copy itself, then it looks like it's a hardware issue with the printer.

Is there any strange light or signal on the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is a light streaking across the screen under where it says "please wait momentarily "
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is also a blue symbol on the lower left edge of the printer . It looks like a communications Sybil.

Disconnect USB cable from both printer and computer

, then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then re-connect

, then turn on, then wait a bit, then what does it show on the printer's screen?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did that: disconnected reconnected with same result

Does the printer's screen (not the computer's screen) still show "please wait momentarily"?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What now????

Sorry. So you have removed the USB cable from the printer

, and you have disconnected/reconnected the power cord from the printer

, and you did not print from computer again

, but the printer's screen still shows "Processing... Please wait momentarily."

- It seems the printer is having hardware issue. Please wait a bit for me to troubleshoot and see if there is anything else to try. Thank you,

How long have the printer's screen been showing "Processing... Please wait momentarily" before we disconnected the printer's powered cord?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's been 20 minutes mow

I'm sorry. I think it is hardware issue. I'm out of ideas, so let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Please follow these steps precisely, and get back to me.

Unplug the printer, then press the power button 5 times. Wait for 30 minutes and then reconnect the power. Turn on the printer. Wait a few moments for the printer to reach the home screen and then power off the printer. If it powers off properly, let me know..

Please be precise and exact when following the above steps.

D.S