Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I'm trying to scan some pictures, and they won't scan,

Customer Question

I'm trying to scan some pictures, and they won't scan
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MF227DW - about a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC with Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time I've tried to scan in a while. It worked earlier. I'm getting an error message that the printer isn't connected.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You should initiate the scanning process directly from computer. There are many ways to Scan a document. First method is, click on Start menu and look for an app named Scan. Open it and use it to Scan.

If you don't see Scan app, then type Scan at the windows search box and this will show Scan app. Open it and use it to scan. If you don't have it, then you can get it from here --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/p/windows-scan/9wzdncrfj3pv

Another method is (if you have installed the disc came with it), search Canon Scan or IJ Scan or ScanGear and if it finds anything, open it and use it to scan.

If you don't have that app, then go to this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/mf227dw

Click DRIVERS AND DOWNLOADS. Then download and install the following drivers/software

[Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF229dw/MF227dw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear)

[Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan

After installing it, you will see the Canon Scan or IJ Scan or Scan Gear app which will allow you to scan.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you