Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I am experiencing a printing problem in which I put in

Customer Question

I am experiencing a printing problem in which I put in genuine brother printer cartridges and I am now not getting any black print at all even though it has a full cartridge so when I try and print a black and white page it just comes out black
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a model and MFC – J870 DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just started with old empty cartridge and still not printing with new catridge
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry for the delay bu that did nothing....still prints blank
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

Can you please go on the printer to settings, select cleaning, then choose black

Perform the clean three times and once done, please tell me if black now works.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did this three times as well as clean the color also and still when I go to print anything in black it's blank
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I even tried to different black cartridges to see if that was the cartridge and that didn't do anything
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thanks

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you