John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Envy 4500 printer which has been working until

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have an Envy 4500 printer which has been working until tonight. I typed a letter on Word on my iMac and when I went to print it all I got were blank pages. Called Apple, but they said it was a problem with the printer not the iMac. Why can I not print the letter? Thanks, Pearl.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Series, probably about 1 1/2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started this afternoon, and I have tried all the recommendations under "Basic Troubleshooting".
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just have to print the letter I typed on my iMac.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Peggy,

If you try to make a copy (from the glass), does that come out blank too? Please try to test in both black and color modes.

Thanks,