Here is the source, from Epson themselves, or the proper drivers:
- if you click on Drivers, you will find, about third or fourth down, the
Scanner Driver and Epson Scan Utility
download, that might do by itself. But to be surer, do this:
1. unplug the printer after turning it Off; unplug it from the computer that is.
2. go to the printers list and select, then remove, the printer from it.
3. restart your computer.
4. go to that page, download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package
5. when it is downloaded, start the installer, by double-clicking on the downloaded file (if necessary to start it.)
6. that should do the needed installing to get scanning reliable again.
Let me know how it goes, and how it turns out, eventually, please. Thanks.