I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when scanning?
Is printing currently working fine?
If you open the HP Scan application or the HP Easy Scan app on your computer, and scan with it, what happens?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Thank you. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
How about using the HP Scan application, if available? And/or the Image Capture application?
Was there any update or change recently to your computer that may have caused this issue?
- Please click on Finder, then click on Applications, then open folder HP, if available, then open HP Scan application, if it's there, then see if you can scan with it.
- If needed, please click on click on Finder, then click on Applications, then open Image Capture application, then see if you can scan with it.
Please let me know. Thank you,
Thank you. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version it shows there, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12?
Thank you. Please click on the Apple logo / men at the top, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners
, then there, do you see the scanner item or not?
- Can you click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then does it show the scanner item on the list?
Thank you. Please try the following:
1. In Print & Scan (or Print & Fax), right-click (or Control + click) on the HP printer, then click on option Reset printing system, and confirm. Then the printer list should be emptied for now.
2. Click on Finder -> Applications, and trash the HP folder for now.
3. Click on the HP website below to download and reinstall the latest printer's driver / software file called Officejet-6700_v12.23.0.dmg:
4. Once downloading is finished, then open / run the download file Officejet-6700_v12.23.0.dmg and install it.
5. Once installation is finished, check printing, then check scanning.
You must click / open Print & Scan first. Then right-click (or Control + click) on the HP printer name, then click on option Reset printing system, and confirm. Then the printer list should be emptied for now. Please let me know. Thank you,
Great. Please take your time, then let me know. Thank you for your patience,
Great. Please print something first to make sure that printing is still working after the reinstall. Then see if you can scan.
Sorry. That's strange. During installation, did it ask you to select / add printer? Did it detect the printer during installation?
- Do you see the HP Utility application on your computer? If yes, can you open it and see if it detects your printer?
In HP Ulitity, click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then see if it detects your printer, then add it, then check.
Can you print something now first and check?
Does it give any error or message when printing? Click no the printer icon at bottom to check status. Thank you,
In System Preferences -> Print & Scan, click on the HP printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now
, then click on + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects the HP printer, then select / add it and check printing.
Sorry, that's strange. Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then re-connect, then wait a bit, then in Print & Scan, click on the + (plus) button again and see if it detects the printer. Thank you,