John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The printer is making horizontal lines when I try to print a

Customer Question

The printer is making horizontal lines when I try to print a picture. I did put in new cartridges and aligned them.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP ENVY 5660
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started after a paper jam.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you try to scan something directly from the printer, and print it please? If there are still horizontal lines, then we have a hardware problem with the printer, and we can try troubleshooting the printer. If there are no lines on the print from the scan then there is a software issue on the computer. Please let me know the results so I will know what we need to do to resolve your issue. Thank you!