Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Epson Work Force Pro WF-4630 all in one printer gives error

Customer Question

Epson Work Force Pro WF-4630 all in one printer gives error message "Paper Jam. Remove the jammed paper and press (blue triangle button). There is no paper ham. No missing bits of paper that I can find. Never put fasteners through the machine. Bought this thing new just two months ago. Need it working NOW. Ideas? Terry C.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson WF-4630 Model C511A. New. Only two months since purchase at Office Max/Office Depot on 08/12/16.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. All my set-up has been working fine. The printer stopped working, showing a paper jam where none exists.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened this AM. Computer and printer were still on overnight. Problem started today when I tried to print from my phone via wi-if. Went to main computer to print from there. Everything normal except the printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I'm retired and have to watch expenditures. How costly is this help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Check if there any paper jammed inside by following the instructions in the link below.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=233682&prodoid=63099061&foid=253833

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I told you that I already checked for paper jams. I have already been to the Epson website. I followed instructions from the Operator's Manual for this specific printer. No help. If this is all I get from Just Answer, kindly refund my $23. Terrell C.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please try the following too.

Turn off the printer and unplug all the cables including power and USB. Then, wait for 10 minutes and plugin the cables. restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

Please contact our customer support to get a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Followed instructions to unplug cables, wait 10 minutes, reconnect cables, and power up the printer. Printer control screen still shows the same paper jam message and will not release to allow access to any printer functions.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Please remove all the cartridges and replace it properly. If the issue still persists, try moving the cartridge carriage to left or right manually using your hands two times and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Removed and replaced cartridges. No change. What and where is cartridge carriage?
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

The carriage where the cartridge seats and moves..

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Power off printer. Open the top scanner unit so you can see the ink cartridge. Slide it all the way to the right- it will give some resistance. There is a white post that is spring loaded- it stands vertically normally but can be pushed down easily make sure its UP! It will be slightly diagonal to the only screw that is visible near the ink cartridge.

Let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You are using terms unfamiliar to me. I do not have a diagram that identifies parts. Just some cartoon-like pictures showing no names for the parts.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Do you see the moving part that holds the cartridge? Can you try moving it to the right using your hand after turning off the printer? Slide it all the way to the right- it will give some resistance.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

WITH THE UNIT UNPLUGGED, gently push the carriage to the right with your hand. It took 2.5 lbs to get my carriage to go home (measured with a force gauge). Now power on your printer

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Powered off the printer. Opened access door that you open to get to the ink cartridges. I found a black rectangular box inside in the far right side of the printer's insides. I pushed it and it moved to the right a couple of sixteenths of an inch. Powered printer up. Same paper jam error message.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Are you sure that it is where the cartridge seats?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

HI,

Lift the scanner bed so you can see the ink cartridge carriage. Look along the bottom of the left vertical side of the carriage and you will see a white plastic post about 3/8"x1/4"x3/4". This post can rotate to a vertical position or to almost horizontal. When the unit is off, the carriage should be to the far right and the post should be vertical.

If the post is not vertical, my unit will indicate a paper jam. The post will not be vertical if the carriage is not completely home to the right. You can tell the carriage is not home if the post is not visible from above and the carriage is covering the post. WITH THE UNIT UNPLUGGED, gently push the carriage to the right with your hand. It took 2.5 lbs to get my carriage to go home (measured with a force gauge). Now power on your printer and it should perform a proper "power on reset" (POR).

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I opened the door that covers the ink cartridges. The cartridges are housed in a fixed box to the left. I was looking at a black rectangular box on the opposite side away from the cartridges. I see now that box is called the "Print Head". When I open the top of the printer, where you place individual documents on the glass, I see nothing like you describe.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I will open the question for other experts.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where is the help I paid for? I need this office printer up and running NOW.