JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Epson 410 I cannot get it to print from my Mac Pro laptop,

Customer Question

epson 410 I cannot get it to print from my Mac Pro laptop
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: At least two years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a Mac Pro OS the year 2011
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Have not been able to get it to print since I got the laptop two weeks ago. It does print from my I Pad
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the Epson printer model XP-410?

Have you tried anything?

Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version, such as 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a XP-410. I reloaded the disk on to the computer.

Thank you. Did it load the printer's CD disk successfully? Or was there any error or message?

- Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version, such as 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It said the installation was complete. I have a Mac Os 10.11

Thank you. Please try the first solution below:

- Please make sure the printer is powered on

- Then click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.

, then do you see the Epson printer there? If yes, click on the Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now.

, then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then does it detect your Epson printer? If yes, select it and add it, then check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue.. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I deleted the printer and and then added it. It says It is idle, and last used

Can you please print something now and check? (You can print this web page / our conversation if you'd like to.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I hit print nothing happened

Does it show the printer icon on the Dock at the bottom? If yes, click on the printer icon, then let me know what it says. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the epson printer it says stopped--cgpdftoraster unsupported colorspace

Thank you. Please try the next solution below:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.

2. Then right-click (or Control + click) on the Epson printer, then click on option Reset printing system, and confirm Yes / OK. Then the printer list should be empty for now.

3. Click on the Epson website below to download the latest printer's driver file called epson17956.dmg

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson17956.dmg

4. Once downloading is finished, then open / run the file epson17956.dmg and install it.

5. Once the installation is finished, click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.

6. Then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then select your Epson printer and add it

7. Then check printing.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing happened

Sorry, were you able to download and install the file epson17956.dmg at the website I've provided above?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was able to download and install the program

Were you able to reset printing system and add the printer back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, when I RESET IT, THE EPSON XP 410 SERIES CAME BACK

When you print now, does it still say Stopped--cgpdftoraster unsupported colorspace?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NOW IT SAYS STOPPED "FILTER FAILED"

Thank you. Please try:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click on Sharing.
  2. Do one of the followings:
    • If the Computer Name field is blank, enter a name for your computer, anything you want.
    • If there is a name in the Computer Name field, rename your computer, anything you want.
  3. Close the Sharing window.
  4. Then check printing.
  5. If that does not work, click on the Apple logo menu, then System Preferences, then Printers & Scanners, then select your printer in the Printer list. Click Options and Supplies, if available.
    , then click on the General tab, if necessary. In the Location field, enter the exact same computer name you entered in step 2. Click OK.
  6. Check printing.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IT SAYS "FILTER FAILED" AGAIN, AND IT HAS DEFAULTED TO THE XP 410
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I DOWNLOAD THE NEW PRINTER BUT IT IS NOT ON THE PRINTER LIST FOR MY PRINTERS

Can you make a simple computer (without any special character) , and delete printer and re-add the printer and check? If needed, shut down / restart the computer, and check. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DO YOU WANT ME TO RETART THE PRINTER, OR SHOULD I SHUT IT DONW FIRST AND THEN RESTART THE COMPUTER?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I do a wireless connection?

Yes, we can try wireless connection later. Shut down both printer and computer, then turn back on and check. Set the computer name to something simple (without any special character). Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I shut my computer down and have it back online. I still cannot print
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

I can see from the transcript of your conversation with the previous printer expert that you are still having connectivity problems. This area is my specialty, and I believe that I can get your printer connection working, both on the usb and wirelessly, by applying the procedures that you have already tried under more strictly controlled conditions. I can assist you by giving you detailed step-by-step instructions ,or I can do the procedure for you remotely with your assistance.