I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the Epson printer model XP-410?
Have you tried anything?
Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version, such as 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Thank you. Did it load the printer's CD disk successfully? Or was there any error or message?
- Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the OS X version, such as 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, etc.?
Thank you. Please try the first solution below:
- Please make sure the printer is powered on
- Then click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.
, then do you see the Epson printer there? If yes, click on the Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now.
, then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then does it detect your Epson printer? If yes, select it and add it, then check printing.
Please reply at the box below to continue.. Thank you,
Can you please print something now and check? (You can print this web page / our conversation if you'd like to.)
Please let me know. Thank you,
Does it show the printer icon on the Dock at the bottom? If yes, click on the printer icon, then let me know what it says. Thank you,
Thank you. Please try the next solution below:
1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.
2. Then right-click (or Control + click) on the Epson printer, then click on option Reset printing system, and confirm Yes / OK. Then the printer list should be empty for now.
3. Click on the Epson website below to download the latest printer's driver file called epson17956.dmg
4. Once downloading is finished, then open / run the file epson17956.dmg and install it.
5. Once the installation is finished, click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences, then click on Printers & Scanners.
6. Then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, then select your Epson printer and add it
7. Then check printing.
Sorry, were you able to download and install the file epson17956.dmg at the website I've provided above?
Were you able to reset printing system and add the printer back?
When you print now, does it still say Stopped--cgpdftoraster unsupported colorspace?
Thank you. Please try:
Can you make a simple computer (without any special character) , and delete printer and re-add the printer and check? If needed, shut down / restart the computer, and check. Thank you,
Yes, we can try wireless connection later. Shut down both printer and computer, then turn back on and check. Set the computer name to something simple (without any special character). Thank you,
Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?
I can see from the transcript of your conversation with the previous printer expert that you are still having connectivity problems. This area is my specialty, and I believe that I can get your printer connection working, both on the usb and wirelessly, by applying the procedures that you have already tried under more strictly controlled conditions. I can assist you by giving you detailed step-by-step instructions ,or I can do the procedure for you remotely with your assistance.